Carnevale Italiano - Italian Carnival: An Introduction to One of Italy's Most Joyful Celebrations
Paperback - Non FictionPractice Italian while learning all about one of the oldest traditions still alive in Italy. Colorful illustrations and text in Italian and English will make learning fun for students of all ages.
Book size: 10 X 8 inches
Language: Italian - English
Use as an introduction to Italian language and traditions, as school activity and language practice for College students and travelers.
The book includes:
- how Carnival started
- where the most famous shows and parades are
- what the traditional costumes look like
- how to make a delicious Carnival treat easily at home
- a map of Italy that shows the locations mentioned in the book
- five pages of language activities
- many colorful illustrations
- several pages with large print suitable for young readers.
Bilingual book: Italian text with English translation. Language level: Intermediate
"The festival of Carnival is one that seems strange to outsiders, but is one that Italians hold dear. "Carnevale Italiano: An Introduction to One of Italy's Most Joyful Celebrations" is a kid's guide to the characters, history, food, and more that comes behind this celebration inspired the more known to Americans Mardi Gras. Presented in both Italian and English, "Carnevale Italiano" is a strong pick for anyone who wants to teach their children a bit more of the Italian culture."
Midwest Book Review